Below are flyers for the month. Hope that you can join!
Dear Episcopal Church Women,
I feel the need to explain that while we are billing this ECW event on October 28th as a meeting, it is not just a regular business meeting. Yes, there will be a portion that is dedicated to the Central Diocese business, however, the event is much more important than that. Our honored guest and celebrant. at the Choral Eucharist will be Bishop Brewer. The Bishop will be speaking in the Church after the service; a question and answer period will follow; a beautiful music program has been planned by Jason.
The theme for this event is “Building Bridges of Peace and Reconciliation: Within Parishes and Our Communities: With a Focus on Racial Reconciliation” and our guest speaker is Dr. Patricia Rutenburger, Province IV ECW President.
A Continental breakfast and a delicious lunch are being prepared and served by Tony and his team of gentlemen. That alone should draw your interest!
I feel honored that our Parish was chosen for the 48th Annual Diocesan ECW Meeting. Please sign up for this event if at all possible. Thank you for your anticipated support!
We will be taking registrations after the services again this coming weekend. You can get a form in the Church office or just email me or call me at 772-579-0315 and I will be sure to get a form to you. The $15 fee covers breakfast, lunch and materials.
Wishing you God’s blessings,
SE Deanery Director
St Augustine of Canterbury ECW President
PRAYER & PRAISE COFFEE HOUSE – FUN, FOOD, MUSIC!
Praise music Sing-Along featuring local musicians! If you play an instrument, we invite you to join us ‘Where a Warm Welcome Awaits You” on Sunday, September 17th at 4:30 pm at St Augustine of Canterbury Episcopal Church, 475 43rd Avenue, Vero Beach. A light supper will be served including sandwiches, salad, snacks, dessert and of course, coffee!
A free will offering will be accepted. For more information, call John at 772-766-1069.
ANNUAL FALL BAZAAR & CRAFT SHOW
Over 25 Artists, Crafters & Vendors! Get started on your holiday shopping! Join us at
our 5th annual Fall Bazaar and Craft Show on Saturday, October 21st from 9 am – 2 pm
at St Augustine of Canterbury Episcopal Church, 475 43rd Ave, Vero Beach. There will be “Kid’s Corral” with supervision & full of fun things for them to do while you shop. Check out the miniature railroad; get a chair massage; join us for lunch between 11:30 – 1! Bring your friends. We still have spaces left for vendors with tents. All proceeds go to support outreach programs within our parish and community.
For more information, call Carol at 772-579-0315.
Greetings, Episcopal Church Women!
Exciting things are happening at St Augustine’s! Please make notes, save the dates and join us!
- May 13th – We are hosting the ECW SE Deanery Meeting from 9 am – 2 pm. Our guest speaker is the Rt. Rev. Deborah L. Vann; Rector at Hope Episcopal Church in Melbourne, FL. $12 pp includes continental breakfast, lunch and spiritual enrichment! Download the registration form.
- June 17th – Come to our “Spring into Summer” Brunch & Fashion Show at 11 am. Fashions will be coordinated by Chico’s. This is one of our ECW parish fundraisers. The donation is $15 pp.
- Our “Let’s Do Lunch” summer outings will be held on Saturday, July 15th and on Saturday, August 19th at noon. Restaurants TBA later.
- September 9th – Please join us for our “Season Opener”, a focus on the women in the Bible and how we can follow in their footsteps. Holy Eucharist at noon followed by lunch and our presentation. A free will offering will be accepted.
- October 14th – We are very pleased to be hosting the Central Diocese of Florida ECW Annual Meeting here in our parish hall. Bishop Gregory O. Brewer will be in attendance. Please invite your friends. Watch for details in upcoming media. Be sure to save this very important date!
- October 21st – We are hosting our 4th Annual Fall Bazaar and Craft Show from 9 am – 2 pm. Over 30 artists and vendors will be showing off their wares. There will be a ‘Kid’s Corral’ where the little ones can play supervised games and do arts & crafts while you shop. We serve an amazing lunch for a bargain price! Plan to gather up your family & friends and get a head start on your holiday shopping!
Please continue to promote the three T’s: Time, Talent and Treasure through your support at ECW events. All proceeds from fundraisers are distributed to help ministries both inside and outside of our parish.
Wishing you God’s blessings,
Carol Paris, SE Deanery Director
St Augustine’s ECW President
- Prayer & Praise Coffee House: More Info
- Christmas Tea: More Info
- ECW Newsletter: December 2016
- New SE Deanery Director for the Central Diocese of Florida ECW: Carol Paris
ECW “Let’s Do Lunch” is back for 2016!
Dates: June 18, July 16, and August 20. Sign-up sheets and details will be in the Narthex.
Saturday, September 17 — Opening Meeting for 2016-2017
This will be a special meeting honoring women and will include a focus on the women in our church ministries. We plan to have booths for displays with information similar to the Ministry Fair that was held a couple of years ago. Stay tuned for more information!
Annual Fall Bazaar & Craft Show
October 22, 2016 – Annual Fall Bazaar & Craft show. Registration is already open so please contact Carol Paris!
ECW June Report from the President
The Latest Diocesan Episcochat Newsletter
Social meetings and more …
The ECW at St. Augustine’s holds luncheon meetings with guest speakers throughout the year. In addition to our monthly meetings, we host other events such as an annual Arts and Crafts Bazaar, a Christmas Tea, an annual luncheon and tour of the Vero Beach Art Museum and just recently hosted a very successful International Food Tasting Festival.
Our goal is to provide a welcoming and open group for all women of the parish to participate in and to show Christ in our lives by supporting each other as well as other women and children in our surrounding communities. We support many ministries at St. Augustine’s as well as several outside charities. All women who attend this Church are considered to be members of this organization.
ECW Officers: Carol Paris, President; Billie Hamilton, Vice President; Ellie Dwyer, Treasurer; and Jackie Davis, Secretary.